Reduce Unwanted Mail
Come get your stickers at the Town Hall to advise Canada Post that you no longer want to receive unwanted mail! REDUCE, Reuse, Recycle!
Every week, we receive unwanted mail in our mailbox, and if you are like many of us, it all ends up in the recycling bin.
You can place a note in your mailbox to stop receiving “neighbourhood mail”.
Canada Post will stop delivering:
- Retail flyers and restaurant menus
- Free product samples and coupons
- Unaddressed magazines and store catalogues
- Notices from non-profit organizations
- Offers from banking institutions and telecommunication services
You will still receive:
- Community newspapers
- Mailings from government sources
- Materials from election officials and political parties.
- Any addressed mail, including addressed advertising materials
The Town of Beresford offers you ready-made stickers to place in your mailbox. You can pick them up at the municipal town hall during opening hours from 8:30 a.m. until noon and from 1 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. on weekdays or at the Town of Beresford booth located at the Écomarché on Saturdays from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m.
More info is available on Canada Post website here :